I write about big dreams, lessons learned, and becoming a top contender for physical therapy school.
Why the name PT Contender?
Getting into PT school is SO competitive, so I wanted to create PT Contender to document the process I go through and be real about it. I am not your traditional student (age 27!) and I definitely have some disadvantages (ex: 2.8 GPA!), BUT it is absolutely possible to make it happen. When it comes to PT applications I know I will be an underdog, but that’s not going to stop me – it’s actually very motivating!
“If anyone ever did it, then you can too.” – Gary Vaynerchuck
I got my Bachelor’s in Exercise Science and I love learning about all things health&wellness. One day I will do a post on what you can take from an Exercise Science program, and what you can leave (ex: take the volunteer opps; and leave the negativity from professors about PT school admissions).
- Fav Exercise Science Classes: [btw all of these were VERY hands on, which I loved]
- Sports Nutrition
- Health Promotion
- Aging & Physical Performance
- Finishing up prereq’s to get into PT school. This summer semester = Abnormal Psychology. I’m also doing observation hours in various settings.
- Working part-time as a leasing agent & saving as much as possible for PT school.
- Learning social media/blogging & getting involved – there is an approachable, active, passionate, & insanely educational PT community on Twitter.
- Getting together my application for PTCAS opening July 1st!!! (CANNOT BELIEVE it’s time already)